Things I Hate About the Palm Pre

First of all, I really do like the Palm Pre overall.  It is an awesome phone with a lot of great features.  It is fast, and syncs up pretty well with GMail.  But it advertises that it syncs with Outlook, which it apparently only does if you have an Exchange server set up.  Well, that is fine for business users, who are apparently the target of that bit of propaganda.  But it does nothing for those of us who just use Outlook without Exchange.  THAT requires a separate piece of software ($$ is the only kind I have found) to sync up your information with GMail/Google, which then syncs back with the Pre.  Not very elegant, and Google doesn't handle things like Notes and Tasks all that well.  And speaking of Tasks, the Pre reminds you of them, but there is no way to snooze the tasks; they just sit there until they are either dismissed or done.  And they get added to your Google Calendar, which is annoying if you share it with anyone.  There needs to be a bit more control over how things are synced up.  I'd like to keep my tasks out of the Calendar that I share with other people.

The other thing that I really hate about the Pre is how it handles missed calls.  It shows the missed calls of course, but again, there is no way to dismiss them.  If you click on the missed call, it immediately dials the number back.  Well, I certainly don't always want to call a person back whose call I have missed.  I should be able to just dismiss the notification without calling back. 

Calendar reminders are similar - there doesn't seem to be any way to snooze them or dismiss them.  You click on them and it opens the calendar entry, but doesn't give you any options on what to do with it.

That's my rant for the day.  For now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An addition to the sadness

A Simple Twist of Fate

Does Religion Have A Corner On Moral Values?